- Try to keep the pull requests small. A pull request should try its very best to address only a single concern.
- If you plan to do further work after the PR has been submitted, please use the Draft PR feature.
- Make sure all tests pass and add additional tests for the code you submit. More info here.
- Document your reasoning behind the changes. Explain why you wrote the code in the way you did. The code should explain what it does.
- If there's an existing issue related to the pull request, reference to it by
adding something like
References/Closes/Fixes/Resolves #305, where 305 is the issue number. More info here.
- Please fill out the PR Template when making a PR.
- Use Reviewers section to request for reviews.
- All commits in a pull request will be squashed when merged, but when your PR is approved and passes our CI, it will eventually be live on production!
If the pull request affects the public API in any way, a post on Forem from the Forem Team account should accompany it. This is the duty of the core team to carry out.